Brand Marketing Manager
Kammok is seeking someone with vision and entrepreneurial hustle to lead creative execution for the Kammok brand. In this role, you will lead creative and content strategy and own execution across all brand touchpoints.
Your directive is to share and grow the Kammok brand, creating a lasting impression among consumers and accelerating product sales and brand market share. You will have end-to-end responsibility for the Kammok brand, moving seamlessly from high level brand strategy to creative execution. You are action and growth-oriented, and you embody our brand values of community, adventure, and love in all that you do. This position reports directly to the CEO and works alongside our entire marketing team to amplify our brand reach and presence among our target audience.
Kammok designs high performance outdoor gear to elevate time outside. Our mission is to equip and inspire life-changing adventure with gear that is adventure grade and better made, designed to outlast the most extreme adventures. We believe the outdoors is most transformative when experienced through our core values of community, adventure and love.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Your responsibilities include:
- Working with the CEO to develop and oversee brand and content strategy; managing asset creation and team wide creative calendar; overseeing advertising and marketing activities to ensure the right message is delivered for our customers and products
- Managing and amplifying all creative marketing initiatives – including multi-platform campaigns, email, social and user-generated content
- Overseeing our brand voice and brand book in partnership with our Graphic Designer
- Managing email campaigns – concepting email content, developing briefs for Graphic Designer, optimizing for performance in partnership with ecommerce team
- Overseeing and supporting social media channels to deliver best-in-class brand content
- Overseeing and creating blogs and landing pages for kammok.com
- Partnering with our Graphic Designer to execute all creative assets; using your creative chops in copy-writing, design, and photography (a bonus!) to execute on ideas
- Managing brand-centric partnerships tied to our philanthropy and sustainability initiatives: One Percent for the Planet, B-Corporation, and participating organizations
- Spearheading creative vision for brand-centric events and experiences, such as Camp Kammok
- Leading production and curation of world-class video and photography assets for Kammok
- Supporting paid ad creation in line with Kammok marketing calendar and campaigns
- Reviewing all creative materials with a detailed and strategic eye to ensure they’re error-free, on-brand, and align with the goals of the project
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed
You are a big-picture strategist and revel in details. You are described as:
- A master storyteller. You have strong written and verbal communication skills and can whip up compelling, on-brand copy in a jiffy.
- Having an eye for brand aesthetics. You are obsessive about visuals and branding, decisive too.
- A self-starter. You are comfortable working with ambiguity, bringing structure to the creative process, and assuming a high level of responsibility.
- An advocate. You are able to galvanize and energize around a vision, from the Kammok team to our growing community of customers.
- A problem solver. You take action. You see a problem and quickly move to resolve it.
- Flexible. You have a get-it-done, no-task-too-small attitude.
- Organized. You love knowing where everything is and you can explain why it's there to begin with.
- Detail-oriented. You pay attention to the little things, remembering names & numbers, and crossing every t.
- A fun(ny) human. You don’t take yourself too seriously but you are serious about getting things done.a
- Vision and passion for Kammok's brand and mission
- BA/BS or higher degree with 3-7+ years experience in brand strategy, creative advertising or digital marketing
- Experience managing brand stories, integrated campaigns and partnerships, with an expertise in digital executions
- Fluent in social media and the mechanics behind Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
- Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign skills are a plus
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to considerate communication
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Generous PTO policy and flex office hours
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Allowances and discounts on Kammok gear
- Anniversary perks