Marketing and Community Coordinator
Kammok is seeking a fast-moving marketer to join our team full-time and play a critical role in the execution of our brand and marketing strategy. This position reports directly to our Marketing Manager and works closely with our Product, Sales, and Customer Experience teams to launch new products, grow brand awareness, and increase customer engagement.
Kammok designs performance outdoor gear to elevate camp. Our mission is to equip and inspire life-changing adventure, and we believe the outdoors is most transformative when experienced through our core values of community, adventure and love. We are a small and entrepreneurial team; this role is for someone who is a jack-of-all-marketing trades and thrives with a healthy mix of left and right brain responsibilities.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Your responsibilities include:
- Working cross functionally to manage and support multiple aspects of Kammok’s marketing strategy, including email, press, social, product launches, and brand activations
- Supporting development and management of marketing campaigns and brand partnerships, including ideation, creation, and delivery
- Managing Kammok social engagement and growth; designing and scheduling all social posts, working with our Customer Experience team to engage and build relationships with customers
- Strategizing and building new relationships for Kammok, including gear reviewers, photographers, brand champions, and supercampers
- Growing our affiliate, reward, registration and product review platforms in partnership with our Customer Experience team
- Collaborating with Marketing Manager and Ecommerce team to build and test new customer acquisition strategies
- Coordinating and supporting video production and photo shoots
- Writing technical product copy and blog content as needed
- Supporting Kammok Gear Shop crew with events and local marketing
- Repping Kammok at periodic brand activations
- Rolling up your sleeves to support where needed
You are creative, charismatic, and relish in detailed-oriented task execution. You are described as:
- A curious and creative self-starter. You take initiative to tackle problems and get your work done efficiently and in style.
- An enthusiast. You can easily influence and incite others to take action.
- Reliable. You do what you say you are doing to do and deliver with excellence.
- Intellectually curious. You enjoy learning new ways of doing things; you’re often finding, testing and optimizing new solutions to old problems.
- A strong communicator. You craft direct, compelling messages. Bonus for a sense of humor!
- A champion of people. You are empathetic and lead with a desire to serve and encourage.
- A hungry competitor. You like to win.
- Organized. You love knowing where everything is and you can explain why it's there to begin with.
- Flexible. You have a get-it-done, no-task-too-small attitude.
- A fun human. You don’t take yourself too seriously but you are serious about getting things done.
- BA/BS or higher degree with 3-5+ years of brand and product marketing experience
- Passion for the job and Kammok's brand and mission
- Ability to execute on Day 1
- Shopify, Klaviyo (or similar platform), and Illustrator experience preferred
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to continuous improvement
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
SOME BENEFITS AND PERKS OF WORKING AT KAMMOK
- Generous PTO policy
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Casual and inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee
- Friday lunches from our favorite places
- Allowances and discounts on Kammok gear