Kammok is seeking someone with heart and entrepreneurial hustle to lead digital and physical community building for our brand. In this role, you will grow our retail space, engage with customers across digital platforms and amplify the Kammok brand in Austin.
You will embody our brand values of community, adventure, and love in all that you do, especially in your mission to share Kammok’s brand and expand our community near and far. You will have end-to-end responsibility for the Kammok retail space. You will master the best of field and social marketing, customer experience and community building. This position reports directly to the Brand and Content Manager and works alongside our entire marketing team to amplify our brand reach and presence.
Kammok designs performance outdoor gear to elevate time outside. Our mission is to equip and inspire life-changing adventure, and we believe the outdoors is most transformative when experienced through our core values of community, adventure and love. Located in the heart of East Austin, we’re most proud of our culture and our customers. We’re looking for someone with humility and hustle to join our team and take Kammok to the next level.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Your responsibilities include:
- Creating welcoming, magical spaces and educational experiences to connect all customers to the Kammok brand, equipping and inspiring each customer for adventure
- Managing all aspects of retail experience, including staff and inventory; coordinating with Kammok marketing and creative teams to execute on brand and product vision in the Kammok Gear Shop
- Building Kammok’s community by engaging with customers across all social channels, consistently posting and hosting conversations on our @kammok and @kammok_atx accounts
- Creating engaging content that sparks conversation in the digital landscape, from stories to posts; valuing the quality of comments over the quantity of likes; use social analytics to guide and continuously revise content creation.
- Creating a visual aesthetic on Instagram that differentiates Kammok from competitors
- Engaging and educating customers on Kammok’s CRM platform with the support of Kammok’s CX lead
- Executing local marketing initiatives that reach Austin and beyond; drive brand loyalty by connecting customers to our brand in-store and in the community
- Hosting and collaborating on local events to drive community engagement and develop strong local partnerships (~2-3 events / month); coordinating logistics for our annual Camp Kammok campout
- Developing a deep understanding of the Kammok customer and Kammok product, sharing your insights with our team
- Educating customers about Kammok products and facilitating sales in-store and at events
- Rolling up your sleeves and taking ownership of all day-to-day tasks. No task is too small.
You are creative, business-minded, and relationship-oriented. You are described as:
- A problem solver. You take action. You see a problem and quickly move to resolve it.
- A relationship master. You build rapport quickly and are curious about others.
- Flexible. You have a get-it-done, no-task-too-small attitude.
- Organized. You love knowing where everything is and you can explain why it's there to begin with.
- Detail-oriented. You pay attention to the little things, remembering names & numbers and crossing every t.
- Servant-hearted. You put others before yourself.
- Growth-oriented. Our ATX Gear Shop is only the beginning.
- A funny human. You don’t take yourself too seriously but you are serious about getting things done.
- Passion for Kammok's brand and mission
- BA/BS or higher degree with 2-3+ years experience in retail, customer experience, field marketing, and/or social marketing
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Self-starter; comfortable working with ambiguity and assuming a high level of responsibility
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to considerate communication
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Access to a car in order to commute between our office and fulfillment center
- Ability to work occasional Saturdays and evenings (this is not a 9-5 job)
- Generous PTO policy and flex office hours
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Allowances and discounts on Kammok gear
- Anniversary perks